Mr. Adnan Gazi
Mr. Adnan Gazi joined at the Department of Accounting and Finance as a Lecturer in Spring 2015 semester. Before joining here, he was working as Financial and Research Analyst at renowned investment and telecom companies of Bangladesh.
Mr. Gazi has completed his Master of Science (MSc) in Quantitative Finance (Financial Engineering) with Distinction from Manchester Business School in September 2014. He received his Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Degree from North South University with Summa Cum Laude in 2012 where his main specialization was in Accounting and Finance with a minor specialization in Economics. Mr. Gazi has also completed the 1st part of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam back in 2012.
Research Interests: Besides teaching, Mr. Adnan Gazi possesses keen interest in financial research. His primary research area is in asset pricing, especially in exotic financial derivatives pricing. Mr. Gazi submitted his MSc dissertation on ‘Gold Volatility Derivatives and Model Calibrations’. Currently he is focusing on numerical calibration of several complex mathematical financial models such as Hull-White (HW) model, Libor Market Model (LMM) etc for different exotic and path-dependant derivatives. He has also a plan to work with emerging market risk-return anomalies in near future.
UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER, Manchester, UK
MSc. in Quantitative Finance (Financial Engineering), (2013/2014)
NORTH SOUTH UNIVERSITY, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), (2008-2012)
Majors: Finance; Minor: Economics
CFA INSTITUTE, Charlottesville, USA
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level I completed,(2012)
NORTH SOUTH UNIVERSITY (NSU), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Lecturer, Department of Accounting and Finance, School of Business and Economics (January 2015- present)
SUMMIT COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Assistant Manager - Financial Analyst (September 2014- December 2014)
COSMOPOLITAN FINANCE LIMITED (CFL), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Research Analyst (November 2011- July 2013)
• Recommended stocks and other securities to Portfolio team through analyzing, projecting and comparing performances of various equities by using different financial models where the key focus was Textiles, Pharmaceuticals and Miscellaneous sectors of Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE);
• Provided in-depth analysis and reasoning to clients in order to justify their investment decisions through preparing Equity Financial Products;
• Analyzed various macroeconomic factors and their impacts on stock price or Index movement;
• In-charge of calculating and maintaining CFL security market indices (value and return index) and portfolios;
• Worked as a team member to construct and structure the ‘Summit Communications Ltd’ operational model.
• Worked with Corporate Finance and Portfolio teams as part of their Investment banking and Issue Management activities.
KEYSTONE BUSINESS SUPPORT COMPANY LIMITED, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Research Intern (September 2011 – October 2011)