- (Co-authored with Abdur Rob Khan): Bangladesh: Towards National Consensus (Dhaka: Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies, 1990)
- (Co-authored with Iftekharuzzaman): “Parliamentary Democracy in Bangladesh: Retrospect and Prospect,” in Iftekharuzaman and Abdus Sabur, eds., Bangladesh in the Nineties: Society, Polity and Economy (Dhaka: Bangladesh Institute of International and Strategic Studies, 1993)
- “Accountability of the Executive in a Parliamentary System,” in Emajuddin Ahamed, ed., Parliamentary Democracy in Bangladesh (Dhaka: Karim Book Corporation, 1992)
- “Bangladesh’s Return to Parliamentary Democracy: Some Issues,” in Golam Hossain, ed., Bangladesh: Government and Politics, (Dhaka: Academic Publishers, 1992) (in Bangla)
- (Co-authored with Iftekharuzzaman): “Nation Building in Bangladesh: Perceptions, Problems and an Approach,” in Abdul Hafiz and Abdur Rob Khan, eds., Nation Building In Bangladesh (Dhaka: BIISS, 1985).
Journal articles (Peer reviewed)
- “Democracy in Bangladesh: Stresses and Strains on Constitutionalism,” The Jahangirnagar University Studies, (Social Science), Vol. 13, 1990 (published in 1992).
- (Co-authored with Iftekharuzzaman), “Transition to Democracy in Bangladesh,” BIISS Journal, (The Quarterly Journal of the Bangladesh Institute of International & Strategic Studies, Dhaka), Vol. 12, No.1, 1991.
- “Dysfunctional Aspects of the Political Order in Bangladesh,” The Jahangirnagar University Studies (Social Science), Vol. 11 &12, 1988 (published in 1990) .
- “Elite Formation in Bangladesh Politics,” BIISS Journal, Vol. 10. No.3. 1989
- “Partyless Panchayet System in Nepal: A Prognosis,” BIISS Journal, Vol.9, No. 1, 1988
- “The Punjab Crisis: Challenge for Indian Federalism and Democracy?,” BIISS Journal, Vol.8, No.2, 1987
- “Ethnic Conflict in Sri Lanka: Future Dimensions,” BIISS Journal, Vol.7, No.2, 1986
- “Factionalism in Bangladesh Politics: A Trend Analysis,” BIISS Journal, Vol.7, No.1, 1986
“Electoral Governance in India and Bangladesh: A Comparative Study”, paper proposal accepted for presentation at the forthcoming Australia-Middle East Conference on Business and Social Sciences in Dubai on April 17-18, 2016. The Conference is being organized by the Australian Academy of Business and Social Sciences in partnership with The Journal of Developing Areas (The JDA, USA).