Post Doctoral Research Project: The status of organically
bound insoluble form of heavy metals like Arsenic (As) and
Cadmium (Cd) in Black soil, and to find out the mechanism
of bio-remediation, especially phyto-remediation how
plant root can solubulize the organically bound insoluble
form of arsenic and cadmium in Black soils.
[April, 2006-March 2008, National Institute of Agro
Environmental Science (NIAES), Japan funded project]
1. Post-Doctoral Research Associate/Assistant Professor,
(April 2006 to March 2007)
Laboratory of Soil & Environment, Graduate School of
Science & Technology, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
2. Research Associate:(April, 2002-March 2005)
Matsumura Oil Co., Ltd. Kobe, Japan
1. EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY & RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Published by Abir Publication, Banglabazar, Dhaka
1. Joint International Tropical Medicine Meeting (JITMM 2009): “Magnitude of Public Health Problem of Pandemic Influenza 2009 in Bangladesh.” Bangkok, Thailand. December, 2009.
2. 3rd International Conference on “Future Trends in Genetics and Biotechnology for Safe Environment", Ismailia, Egypt (July, 2008).
3. 68th International Conference of Soil Science Society of America, Seattle, USA (2004).
4. 12th International Humic Substances Society Conference, Sao Pedro, Brazil (2004).
5. Annual meeting of Japanese Society of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition (2002)
1. Nazmul Ahsan Khan, Gias Uddin Ahsan, Ariful Bari Chowdhury, and Mohammad Hayatun Nabi (2011): “Prevalence of Low Back Pain among Car Drivers in Dhaka, Bangladesh.” (Submitted to JITMM, October, 2011)
2. Kazi Saifuddin, I M Saiful and Nazmul A. Khan (2010): “A New Method for the Psycho-Physical Evaluation of Environmental-Noise Pollution. Int. J. BioRes. Vol. 9 (1), p 34-37.
3. Kazi Saifuddin, and Nazmul Ahsan Khan (2008). Psycho-physiological and Cultural Impacts of Environmental Degradation on Indigenous People, Bangladesh Environment 2008, Dhaka.
4. Kazi Saifuddin, Nazmul A. Khan, and Saiful Islam (2011). Temporal Perception in Relation to the Slop of Acoustic Signals, AIUB Journal of Science and Engineering, (Accepted in May, 2011).
5. Nazrul Islam, Nazmul Ahsan Khan, Gias Uddin Ahsan and Kazi Saifuddin (2010): “Gender Disparities in Mental Health Status among the School-going Adolescents of Dhaka, Bangladesh.” Bangladesh Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 16(2). P 151-158.
6. G U Ahsan, Nazmul A. Khan, Rahman Md. Ashikur, Salam A. Shak, Nazrul Islam and Mobashera Jahan (2010): “Preventive awareness on HIV/AIDS among the rikshaw puller of Narayangonj District of Bangladesh.” JITMM (Abstract).
7. G U Ahsan, Nazmul A. Khan, Salam A. Shak, Md. Ashikur Rahman and Nazrul Islam (2010): “Awareness on breast cancer among the women of reproductive age in Bangladesh.” JITMM (Abstract).
8. Nazmul A. Khan, Nepal C. Dey, Asim K. Sajjan and M. Aminul Islam (2008): “Environmental Assessment of Drought in the Northwest Region of Bangladesh.” Journal of Environment & Toxicology, Vol. 11(4). p123-129.
9. Nepal C. Dey, Nazmul A. Khan, Seiji Hayakawa and M. Aminul Islam (2008): “Retrieving LAI of Different Forest Species from Landsat TM/ETM+ Imaginary.” Submitted to International Journal of Soil & Environment (November, 2008)
10. Nazmul A. Khan and Kazi Saifuddin (2008): “A Study on hospital waste management in Dhaka city.” WEDC International Conference on “Integrated Development for Water Supply and Sanitation.” Bali, Indonesia.
11. G U Ahsan, Nazmul Ahsan Khan, ASM Alamgir, Shaikh Abdus Salam, Maleeha Azeem and SAM Khairul Bashar (2009): “Magnitude of Public Health Problem of Pandemic Influenza 2009 in Bangladesh.” JITMM 2009.
12. Labib Imran, Nazmul A. Khan, GU Ahsan, Manirul Islam and SAM Khairul Bashar (2010): “Provision of intensive care unit in the hospital can facilitate optimum critical care delivery practices in Bangladesh.” Bangladesh Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 16(1), p 49-54.
13. Nazmul A. KHAN and Otsuka Hiroo: “Arsenic Concentration of Rice in Bangladesh”. Submitted to “Journal of Environmental Degradation”. (January 2011)
14. Nazmul Ahsan KHAN, Noriharu AE, Takeshi FUJIMITO and SAM Khairul BASHAR: “Progress in the phytoremediation of Cadmium Uptake by Crops and Technologies for Controlling Cadmium Absorption.” Submitted to “Journal of Environmental Chemistry”. (January 2011)
15. Muhammad Maqsud Hossain, Fariza Shams, SAM Khairul Bashar, Abdul Khaleque, Nazmul Ahsan Khan, Choudhury Rafiqul Ahsan, and Donald James Gomes :Clinical aspects of Helicobacter pylori infection. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Sciences, 2009, 14 (2), 155-168.
16. Nazmul A. KHAN, Fujitake N., Noda Y., Suzuki T., and Otsuka H., 2006. “Comparison of humic acid fractions derived from thermally created plant residues and natural soils: spectroscopic and elemental analyses.” Soil Sci., Plant Nutr., 52. 350-361
17. Nobuhide FUJITAKE, Nazmul A. KHAN, Yukiko YANAGI, Daichi ASAKAWA, Takeshi SUZUKI, Hiroki KODAMA, Seiya NAGAO and Masayuki. TANI, 2004. “Characterization of humic substances in various soils and waters by 13C NMR spectroscopy”. Humic Substances and Soil and Water Environment. pp. 386-389
18. Nazmul A. Khan, Fujitake N., Suzuki T., and Otsuka H., 2006. “Properties of Humic Acid Like Substances (HALS) created from sugar and amino acid with volcanic ash by thermal incubation.” Gra. Sch. Sci. & Tech., Kobe Univ. 24-A, pp.11-22.
19. Nazmul A. KHAN, Suzuki T., Fujitake N., Otsuka H. (2007) A possible way of carbon sequestration through creating Type A humic substances in the laboratory. Journal of Environmental Quality, 46, 88-97.
20. Masayuki TANI, Nazmul A. KHAN, Nobuhide FUJITAKE, Takashi KOSAKI, and Mika SASAKI (2007): Feature and Properties of Chernozemic Soils and Humic Substances of Eurasian Steppe. European Journal of Soil Science, 29, 122-132.
21. Nazmul Ahsan KHAN, Nobuhide FUJITAKE, Takeshi SUZUKI and Hiroo OTSUKA (2007): Artificially created Humic Acid like Substances (HALS) by thermal incubation from sugar and amino acid with volcanic ash differ from Melanoidin. Res. J. Chem. Environ. Vol. 10 (4). 37-48.
22. Nazmul A. Khan, M. Tiedje, J.J. Stashick, K.C. Srivastava, Otsuka Hiroo and D.S. Bulogh (2005): “Development of HUMASORB, A Lignite Derived Humic Acid for Removal of Metals and Organic Contaminants from Groundwater”. Conference on Industry Partnerships to Deploy Environmental Technology.
23. Nazmul A. Khan, Kazi Saifuddin, and SAM Khairul Bashar (2008): Psycho-physiological and Cultural Impacts of Environmental Degradation on Indigenous People. Journal of Phycological Environment. Vol. 12(3), 37-45.
24. Nazmul A. Khan, Kazi Saifuddin, Zahir Uddin Arif and SAM Khairul Bashar (2008): Psychophysical Health in relation with Environmental-Noise Perception. Asian Journal of Environmental Science. Vol. 6. pp 76-86.