The goal of RC is to encourage, conduct and publicize research. Four interrelated components of RC are:
- Academic Research:
The following specific activities are designed under academic research:
- The BIABEIT Annual Conference: Bangladesh International Academy of Business, Economics and Information Technology (BIABEIT), a wing of PDP, holds annual conference where academics and practitioners present their research in the areas of Business, Economics, Information Systems, Environmental Management, etc. (List of Papers of BIABEIT Conference, 2003
- Journal: The bi-annual NSU Journal, International Review of Business & Economics (IRBE), publishes refereed articles in the areas of Business & Economics. (List of Papers)
- Seminar: Learning is greatly enhanced by bringing theoretical knowledge and application together. In order to improve understanding of practical issues of our students and faculty, four to eight interactive seminars are held in each semester. The Back to Topics of the seminars include business practices in Bangladesh, contemporary economic and social issues, global events, etc.
- Case Development: Faculty members are encouraged to work with companies to develop cases that can be used in the classroom. This contributes towards a more effective learning process at NSU.
This serves to improve teaching quality of faculty members by enhancing their practical knowledge. This service is provided for various types of organizations including domestic and multinational companies, government entities, NGOs and other donor organizations.
The objective of creating database is to help faculty and students in their research activities. These include financial statements of publicly traded companies, stock prices, etc.
4. Research Funds and Grants:
PDP plans to build a database containing details of various sources of research funds and grants. The objective is to encourage and help NSU faculty members to materialize their research plans with financial and institutional support. This also creates opportunities for student to be involved in research activities.
M. Mujibul Haque, Ph.D.
Director, Professional Development Program (PDP)
Assistant Professor, School of Business
North South University
Plot 15, Block B, Bashundhara
Dhaka 1229, Bangladesh
Phone: +880 2 5566 8200
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org